Summer is right around the corner and there are some essentials that you need in order to keep your skin glowing and healthy.
1. First thing’s first…..sunscreen! My friend recently got married and I gave her and her husband 4 cans of spray on sun screen for their honeymoon in St. Lucia. Yes, it’s that serious. Her husband was grateful because his skin started peeling on their last vacation.
Sunscreen should be applied any time you’re going to be exposed to the sun. People tend to forget when on vacation; just remember to pack it in your bag. You’ll be thankful later. Not using sunscreen can cause your skin to burn and peel as well as suffer from long term issues like sun spots (hyper pigmentation) or wrinkles. Don’t forget behind your ears, chest, back and neck. People tend to forget about those areas.
2. Don’t forget about lip care.
[ctt template=”3″ link=”aWchb” via=”yes” ]Your lips need love too. That skin is very thin and sensitive so when you’re in the sun use a lip product with spf. [/ctt]
I like Jack Black’s lip balm. It’s super affordable and keeps your lips moisturized long term. It has SPF 15.
3. I don’t wear makeup to the beach, but if you do I suggest wearing a bb cream or tinted moisturizer with an spf. These products are lighter than a foundation and the sunscreen will protect your face from the sun. You can also add some bronzer to your chest, shoulders, and arms to create a sexy glowing look at the beach.
4. A face mist can be a life saver on a hot day at the beach. There are several brands that make facial mists. I like MAC’s Fix Plus. I like to put it in the refrigerator before going to the beach, then I throw it in the cooler with my drinks to make sure it stays cool once I get there. A few mists on your face will keep you cool and your skin hydrated.
5. Make sure you have plenty of water! Not drinking enough can cause so many issues besides dehydrated skin. I carry a meal water bottle with me everywhere in the summer. I fill it up every time I see a water fountain.
Stay tuned for the next post on what not to do when going to the beach!