As an Esthetician and Makeup Artist I help people achieve a desired look, whether temporary or long term. I offer a variety of services like waxing, full makeup application, facials, chemical peels, etc. There are services that I offer/perform that I, personally, don’t enjoy or do myself.
These are my confessions……
1. I’d rather Nair my legs than wax or shave.
2. I only get rid of hair leg 3-5 times per year…..No lie. My leg hair is super fine so it’s hard to see. If people can’t see it I’m cool. Yes, I’m that lazy.
3. I don’t like wearing fake eyelashes. I can count how many times I’ve worn them. They do enhance makeup looks and I encourage clients to get them, especially for special occasions, but me no likey.
4. I don’t wear makeup every day. I used to when I worked in cosmetics because it helped me to sell more makeup, which led to me making more commission. Now I work in a corporate atmosphere and have to be at work at 8 am and am NOT a morning person. I’d rather sleep for the 20-30 minutes it would take me to do my makeup.
5. I’m either all or nothing. When it comes to makeup if I can’t wear a whole face of makeup I won’t wear any, not even lipstick. I don’t feel right. At the very least I need foundation, filled in brows, blush, mascara, and a lip color. Most of the time I put on eyeshadow but it doesn’t make or break anything.
My face is pretty much how I advertise and have gotten clients just because they liked how I did my own makeup so I don’t half ass it. Go big or go home.