I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! I definitely did. I gave facials and extractions to almost my whole family. It was by force, not choice. Lol. I am determined to teach people to take care of their skin! Here’s a picture of me and some of my family after their extractions! The white stuff on their nose is Murad’s clarifying mask. It’s my fave to help dry up blackheads, whiteheads, and blemishes.
So I have 2 new projects I’m going to be sharing with you. The first one is my guest room turned beauty room. It’s still under construction but I’ll have a separate post about that when it’s done.
The project I’m most excited about is Whitney!!! She is in her mid 20s and has a toddler, a beautiful little girl named Noelle. This is her before she had the baby. Her skin is pretty clear and looks healthy.
After the baby she started suffering severe breakouts. And she’s a picker (picks at her acne) which makes it 10 times worse. Being that she’s a brown girl that caused a lot of dark spots (technical term is hyperpigmentation). Here are pictures of her after the baby. She is an aspiring makeup artist so she does an awesome job at covering up the hyperpigmentation but our goal is to get rid of them instead of camouflaging them.
As of Christmas Day she is engaged to be married!!!! Before the engagement she and I had already planned to tackle these dark spots. But now it’s go time. Her skin WILL be glowing (without makeup) on her wedding day.
I’ve analyzed her skin and come up with an awesome regimen for her. It’s pretty hard core but as long as she follows my instructions to the T she’ll be ok. We’re also planning to start her on chemical peels every 2-3 months.
Whitney has been using over the counter drugstore products, Cetaphil as her cleanser and an Ambi moisturizer. These aren’t bad products but they won’t do anything to help correct her issue. So here is what I ordered for her from Image Skincare:
- The total Rentinol-A crème helps with a variety of issues, but here’s why it’s going to work for Whitney: it increases cell turnover (gets rid of old skin cells which results in newer skin)
- The intense lightening serum is a skin lightener and melanin inhibitor. What that means is that it will help lighten the extra melanin (fade the dark spots). It’s not a bleaching agent so it won’t make her whole face lighter. It only lightens the dark spots. Some people get lighteners and bleaching agents confused.
- The intense lightening cleanser also contains ingredients to cleanse as well as attack the dark spots. It is pH balanced so she won’t need a toner.
- The daily ultimate protection moisturizer is what she’ll use to protect her skin during the day.
- She already owns an exfoliator by Origins that she really likes; she’ll be using that 1-2 times per week.
Both Whitney and I are super excited about her new journey. It definitely takes a level of commitment financially and mentally. For some it may seem like a lot but it’s not that bad. Once you get the hang of a regimen after a few days its a piece of cake, just like anything else.
Who wants to be my next project?????? I’m serious though. 🙂
Feel free to post any comments or questions below!